Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seeking Inspiration

Trials, temptations, disappointments;

all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly.

They not only test the fiber of a character, but strengthen it.

Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy.

Every trial endured & weathered in the right spirit makes a soul

nobler & stronger than it was before.

~James Buckham~

Since last Friday I have been working my ass off putting together a specific charity cause for a guy that I’ve never met, who lives in Texas and has just REALLY had it bad. It’s one of those inspiring stories that touches your heart as soon as you read it and makes you realize that no matter what you’re going through.. someone always has it worse.

Read his story & about the cause here: Nick

I’m pleased with my efforts and it’s absolutely worth it! However, today.. I’m exhausted. I have struggled with sleep, nausea & fevers all week! Today, I’m resting in bed and plugging along with a few things for Nick’s cause. Everyone has been great helping me, it’s amazing the response I’ve gotten in such a short time. This confirms to me that I’m doing the right thing and it’s fantastic to see other people who believe in it too! Feeling this bad.. the natural tendency is to go into self-preservation mode and shut out the world. (EVERYONE) One small addition of stress will make things worse. I love people.. I love helping them.. I love listening to them & being there for them.. so I’m torn between my heart & my body. My body just wants me to lay here and stare at the wall all day but my heart has so many goals to accomplish & that battle in turn makes me feel a bit discouraged. So… instead of giving up on today and what I want to accomplish, I turned to my quote collection for inspiration to get me through. The quote above is what I came up with.. and between that and the out pouring of love & smiles I am receiving from my Twitter friends… I’m keeping up the fight.

No matter what.. someone always has it worse.

[Via http://sassynurse.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment