Saturday, September 12, 2009

Almost to Liftoff!

2 more days.

I am so excited, I cannot even think of a theme to write about in this post! I am having trouble sleeping, concentrating, doing basic chores like cooking and gardening. I think I’m mentally already in Europe.

I’m in the midst of last-minute tasks. Teaching my husband how to care for the garden and houseplants, packing and re-packing as I edit out items to make my backpack lighter, reassuring the cats who seem to know something’s up, and eating up all the food in the fridge that I know my husband won’t touch in the 5 weeks I’m gone.  I even deep-cleaned the house yesterday, since this is realistically the last time it will be vacuumed in almost 2 months.

I feel good – my body is at its normal level of achiness, but nothing unbearable. I don’t even think I’m stressed – I feel like I’m on vacation already. Right now my biggest worry is whether I’m packing too many books for the flight. I feel confident and clear-headed. No fibro-fog!

This is my last post before I fly to Europe. To everyone who has encouraged me in the past year as I’ve prepared for this life-changing journey – THANK YOU!

I’ll see you in Venice!

[Via http://chronictraveler.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment