Friday, September 4, 2009

Lucky & Loved

“The world is not respectable;

it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever;

but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter;

and in these, the spirit blooms timidly and struggles to the light amid the thorns.”

~George Santayana~

What a busy week it has been. A struggle for sure but filled with so many rewards.

Yesterday I had a phone call regarding doing an internet radio show to promote my charity work!

The Crafters with Love Fan page hit 200 fans this morning.

@crafterslove on Twitter got 500 followers this morning

and I just got 3000 followers! WOW!

People are donating money, time, their talents, their Twitter streams & avatars.. It is simply overwhelming what people are doing to help my cause. Now I look back at a previous post I made about not being able to be a nurse (Read it here) and believe that I have my answer. Things like “Nick” and the boom that Crafters with Love has gotten in less than a week doesn’t just happen. It was handed to me … and I’m going to use my gifts & my tremendous love of people to do whatever I can to make it grow.

When I reflect over the past week alone, my head just spins in amazement that the wonderful things that have happened and the lovely people I’ve became friends with as a result. Truthfully.. my body isn’t dealing with it, but I feel SO blessed in this moment in time to be given such a wonderful opportunity to touch lives.

The world can be respectable and I’m seeing it each day. How lucky I am to know so many beautiful people!

[Via http://sassynurse.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment